Egyptian Medical association for chest diseases & Tuberculosis :
42 Qasr Elaini St., Dar El-Hekma, Cairo The society was founded in 26 March 1936 by Dr. Mahmoud Bek Abaza and it was called "Stop Tuberculosis Society" In 1/11/1953, the board of directors decided to modify the name into “The Egyptian Society for Chest Diseases & Tuberculosis” The legislation of the association has been issued according to law terms no. 384 for 1956 and it has been proclaimed under no. 680 for 1/2/1967 according to law terms no. 32 for 1964 in the Western Department of Administrative Affairs.
The modification of the basic regulation system and the improvement of the society conditions were according to law terms no. 84 for 2002
The purpose of the society establishing is for working in the fields of cultural & scientific services as the following: 1. Do researches & the studies of chest diseases. 2. Study the means of how to stop Tuberculosis and the other chest diseases theoretically, practically and to suggest necessary recommendations for its renaissance. 3. Publishing medical culture among the members by establishing conferences, scientific seminars and issuing scientific magazines that we hope to reach four issues annually, note that the first magazine has been issued in 1958. The society participated in the "Arabian association for Medicine & Chest Surgery" from 1998
To apply for membership
42 Qasr Elaini St., Dar El-Hekma, Cairo E-mail email@example.com